[pmwiki-users] cursor bug with firefox

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Fri Apr 21 07:22:23 CDT 2006

Neil Herber wrote:
> At 2006-04-21  11:03 AM +0100, Hans is rumored to have said:
>> Well it seems my observation was wrong, and the cursor is always invisible
>> when first using the "Close Preview" button on the preview div.
>> This is maddening.
>
> Hans
>
> I am not sure what the problems is here. On my wiki using Gemini, the
> popup preview works as I would expect it to. When I click on close
> preview, the cursor position is "undefined", but it is not what I
> would call "invisible" - meaning that it was positioned somewhere
> inside the edit box but not displayed for me to see. Feel free to
> check it out on my Guest pages.
>

> Neil Herber
> http://neil.eton.ca/wiki/index.php/Main/HomePage

When I tested this out on Neil's page, using Firefox for Mac OS X I
observed something else:

The vertical scroll bar (from the edit window) remains visible during
the popup preview (in addition to the vertical scroll bar that appears
for preview).  The remnant edit scroll bar will even appear in from of
previewed text, that is, as I changed the size of the browser window,
the edit scroll bar shifts and, as it does so, it passes over, and
covers, previewed text.

Pico