[pmwiki-users] cursor bug with firefox

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Fri Apr 21 08:28:59 CDT 2006

At 2006-04-21  01:28 PM +0100, Hans is rumored to have said:
>Visiting your page shows the bug to me.
>what I mean is that the "text insertion line" is not visible, normally
>a black line, but now not visible, transparent. It is there, since i
>can input text, but as I cannot see it I don't know where i am with my
>text input.

That is not what happens for me. I tested it as follows:
1) edit page http://neil.eton.ca/wiki/index.php/Guest/WikiSandbox
2) add a few character to a line
3) click preview
4) click close preview
5) start typing

What happens in step 5 is that FF tries to do a "find" as enabled by
Tools>Options>Advanced>"Begin finding when you begin typing".

If I turn the find feature off, my typing does nothing and goes
nowhere. It does not get inserted at some invisible cursor point.

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/