[pmwiki-users] Attachment size

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Thu Aug 3 21:49:51 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> [...]

[snip]

> Oh!  Here's a thought -- what if we overload the "alt-text" field
> of links to allow the specification?  So:
>
>     Attach:file.txt               -- normal
>     Attach:file.txt"size"         -- display with file size
>     Attach:file.txt"date"         -- display with last updated date
>     Attach:file.txt"type"         -- display with type
>
> Currently the "..." is used to provide alt-text for images, but
> isn't really used for attachments, so it might make sense to re-use it
> for that here.

But would that interfere with providing captions for attached images?
Would it break markup like this:

(:description %thumb%[[{$FullName}|Attach:HaleyDog.jpg"{$Title}"]]%%:)

Where the {$Title} page variable appears in quotes to provide the
alt-text for the attached image that appears as a link to the current page?

See Test/EasyGallery (at Test/EasyGalleryPic1 or ...Pic2, etc).

Pico