[pmwiki-users] nesting divs and tables

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Aug 6 18:11:45 CDT 2006

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 11:03:21AM +1200, John Rankin wrote:
> On Saturday, 5 August 2006 7:15 PM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> >Also, out of curiosity, is there anyone who is likely to be
> >negatively impacted by this change?  Since nesting hasn't been
> >allowed until now, the only case I can imagine that might cause
> >a problem is where an author has relied on (:table:)/(:cell:)
> >to automatically close a >>div<</(:div:) and vice-versa.  But
> >I can't imagine that this is at all common (and, of course,
> >it's easily fixed when it does occur).
>
> I am almost certain that this will comprehensively break the
> PublishPDF library. Sigh.

I'm surprised.  Why would it break PublishPDF?

Also, given that it will likely cause problems for PublishPDF,
I'll definitively provide a "preserve 2.1.11 behavior" option
for this in the transitions.php module.  The PublishPDF recipe
can set

    $Transition['nodivnest'] = 1;

to preserve the old non-nesting behavior until things can
be worked out.