[pmwiki-users] MT-Blacklist

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Aug 19 09:52:39 CDT 2006

On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 12:29:16AM -0500, JB wrote:
> What makes an included file run immediately after someone
> clicks the SAVE button while editing a pmwiki page?
>
> It appears that the mt-blacklist.php file runs when I
> start to edit a page and not after I click save.  I am pretty
> certain that it should run after the save button is clicked
> and not when a person just starts to edit.

Stepping back for a moment, I'm curious to know if this
recipe is still valid.  The MT-Blacklist itself has been
dead for some time, and so this recipe is using the
Chonged list (http://chongqed.org, http://blacklist.chongqed.org).

Does anyone know if chongqed is being actively maintained?
Unfortunately, the blacklist file and spammer entries don't
seem to contain any sort of date information, so I can't tell
how "fresh" the list is or if it's being actively used or
maintained.

As we discussed earlier in the year, PmWiki really ought to
have blocklisting built in to the core, so I'm planning to
add that soon.  Having looked at the mt-blacklist.php recipe
a bit it's likely that I'll include some sort of "shared blocklist"
capabilities as well, and host a blocklist on pmwiki.org (that
can be used in addition to other blocklists).

Any other comments or thoughts?