[pmwiki-users] Recent Changes for multiple groups?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Aug 19 17:28:48 CDT 2006

On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 04:55:29PM +0200, lorenzk wrote:
>    I have (at the moment) three groups. But clicking on Recent Changes only
>    lists the recent changes in the current group. Is it possible to define
>    the contents of the recent changes file, let it include several selected
>    groups? (I want to use this combined recent changes as main rss-feed, I'm
>    about to transfer my old static homepage to pmwiki and have just started
>    using it).

The Site.AllRecentChanges page will display all changes in all groups.

If you want to create custom RecentChanges pages for selected groups,
you can do any of the following:

1.  Use (:include:) to display the recent changes for the selected
    groups:

        !! GroupA
        (:include GroupA.RecentChanges lines=20:)

        !! GroupB
        (:include GroupB.RecentChanges lines=20:)

        !! GroupC
        (:include GroupC.RecentChanges lines=20:)

2.  Use (:pagelist:) to dynamically create a list of the
    recently changed pages in the selected groups:

        (:pagelist group=GroupA,GroupB,GroupC order=-time:)

3.  In the per-group configuration files (i.e., local/GroupA.php,
    local/GroupB.php, local/GroupC.php), create a special RecentChanges
    page to hold changes for just those groups.

    $RecentChangesFmt['Site.ABCChanges'] =
      '* [[{$FullName}]]  . . . $CurrentTime $[by] $AuthorLink: [=$ChangeSummary=]';

    Any per-group configuration file containing the above line
    will have its pages added to Site.ABCChanges (as well as
    the per-group RecentChanges and Site.AllRecentChanges).

    Note especially the *two spaces* before the first dot -- this
    is important for PmWiki to be able to correctly put new entries
    at the top of the list after each change.