[pmwiki-users] Google Analytics

Andrew Standfield andy at scruffyco.com
Sat Aug 19 17:46:32 CDT 2006

I'm not against it, but I'm not really sure how it would make things
any easier. Copying and pasting the script lines that Google provides
in to your template seems no more difficult than adding the variable
to your config.php. I'd say that as long as people could either use a
config.php setting, *or* just add Google's script directly to their
template, it would be a fine thing to have.

My only worry is that a not-so-savvy user might enable the variable
believing they have to in order for GA to work, then add the script
lines to their template (as Google instructs them to  do). I realize
that it probably would not cause a conflict that would prevent PmWiki
from working, but I could see problems on Google's end. I'd say
incorrect reports at best, and no reports at worst.

Keep in mind that you'll probably also get a lot of support questions
that should be going to Google rather than here.

Andy Standfield
http://www.vertigo25.com/
http://www.ipodnirvana.com/