[pmwiki-users] Announcement: Google Map API v.2.0.0--Hot off the press

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Aug 23 15:47:00 CDT 2006

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 09:34:54PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> On 23/08/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>
> >$HTMLEndFmt is only used whenever a skin template isn't loaded.
> >If a skin is loaded, its values override anything that is in
> >$HTMLStartFmt and $HTMLEndFmt.
>
> Would it not be good for recipe authors, if there would be a similar
> variable like
> $HTMLHeaderFmt which inserts into <!--HeaderText-->
> for the end of the HTML document, ie <!--FooterText--> which will be filled
> with
> $$HTMLFooterFmt?

Possibly.  (This is also http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00767 .)

Originally I was thinking that adding <!--FooterText--> would
interfere with SetTmplDisplay (i.e., the ability to turn sections
on and off).

However, if we accept that <!--FooterText--> would nearly always
appear immediately before the </body></html> tags at the end, I
don't see that it would cause any problems.  Most skin templates
already have to have a <!--/PageFooterFmt--> before the

I'll take it under advisement for now, but at the moment I'm
leaning in favor of it.  How many recipes are there
(besides GoogleMapAPI) that need this?

> And it may also be desirable to have  a  variable in the <body> tag,
> to be used for onload and onunload events. Perhaps <body $BodyOnLoad>
> will do.

Having a variable in the <body> tag can be established as a
convention among skin authors.  I would call it $BodyAttrFmt
instead of $BodyOnLoad, however.