[pmwiki-users] CSS for one (or all) tag in _a single_ page (inline or in head)

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 23:34:44 CDT 2006

On 8/24/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 11:17:33PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> > Andy wrote:
> > >After your first comment, I took a peak at Hans' code, and
> > >unfortunately, I really don't know enough PHP or regex to be able to
> > >tweak it (I tried), but I was thinking of a tweak that would allow
> > >someone to just include a line like:
> > >
> > >$RequiredStyleGroup = 'ExampleStylesGroup';
> > >
> > >in config.php.
> >
> > I updated stylepage.php and added a variable $SiteGroupStylePages,
> > which is set to 1 by default, restricting other style pages to the
> > $SiteGroup.
> > This is a change from the previous behaviour, which allowed style
> > pages in any group.
> > If you want this you need to set $SiteGroupStylePages = 0;
> > I hope this meets some of the demand for greater security in using this
> > script.
>
> Eek!  Almost anything that is "on/off" really ought to
> be prefaced with "$Enable", for consistency with other switches
> in PmWiki.  So, perhaps $EnableSiteGroupStylesOnly or something
> like that.
>
> Or, we could have $StylePagePattern, which limits pages according
> to a given pattern:
>
>     $StylePagePattern = '/^Site\\./';
>
> Pm

As one who initially pushed for a recipe for allowing CSS in wiki pages and
helped work on it, I must say that I have been using it fairly often and
successfully.  It's handy when you have something you want to do as a "quick
fix" if, for example, I don't have time to do anything on the server side of
things but there's some style thing that's bugging me, or I just need to
create a new class or something.  Putting restrictions on use is a
necessity, but allowing authors in other groups to call (:stylepage:) from
protected groups is really cool.

Jon Haupt