[pmwiki-users] Wiki Farm question

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Sat Aug 26 10:58:17 CDT 2006

Firstly, I love this program! My first test of farms was the basic farm
setup in pmwiki/wikifarms. If you ignore my typos and mis-directed
relative references, it went quite smoothly.

Now for the next step:

1. Is it possible to have everything but the wiki.d (and it's
config.php) in a non-web-accessible directory? I was thinking one higher
up the directory tree than public_html.

onebit.ca
- public_html  (aka www)
- - t1
- - - wiki.d
- - - index.php

- pmwiki    (note is not in publicly accessible area)
- - cookbook
- - local
- - - .htaccess
- - - farmconfig.php
- - pub
- - wikilib.d
- - (and so on)

I'm thinking it would be a real pain, because any file referenced by the
HTML output (skins, logos, other things I'm not aware of) would have to
be moved to web-accessible areas.

2. Would this improve the security enough to bother with?

Thanks in advance,

Sandy