[pmwiki-users] Automated WikiTrails.

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Tue Aug 29 16:55:41 CDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 08:55:55AM -0400, Stirling Westrup wrote:
> Roman wrote:
> > I think that you could combine name= and list= parameters. First would
> > select only certain story (e.g. name=Stories.StoryOne-*) and second
> > would filter it further (list=chapters).
> >
> Thats exactly what I want to do. The problem is that on a page named
> StoryOne-04, I need to have a pagelist entry that looks like this:
>
> (:pagelist list=chapters name=StoryOne-* fmt=#storytrail:)
>
> How do I automatically generate 'name=StoryOne-*' from when {$Name} is
> 'StoryOne-04'? I thought I could do it with extended page vars, but it
> doesn't work.

Alas, I don't think extended page vars work with pagelist.  What would
be really nifty is if one could use extended page vars *inside* pagelist
format definitions, but I tried it and it seems that it doesn't work.
If it did work, one could do nifty things like

[[#myformat]]
(:if ! equal {=$Title:sub 0 1} {<$Title:sub 0 1}:)
*{=$Title:sub 0 1}
(:ifend:)
** [[{=$FullName}|+]]
[[#myformatend]]

That would enable one to break pagelists up by the first letter of the
title, without having to use the dictindex format -- it would be nifty
and flexible!

But I assume this doesn't work now because the variables inside pagelist
formats aren't "normal" variables.

Kathryn Andersen