[pmwiki-users] Archiving old/obsolete pages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Aug 30 21:06:54 CDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 01:23:54AM +0200, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 01:32:58PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > Recalling another item previously discussed on this list...
> > what shall we do to "archive" old pages on pmwiki.org,
> > such as the old Cookbook-V1 pages?
> [...]
> > Comments or suggestions?
>
> I'd vote for an archive-attribute of some kind. That way you could also
> have a note on the page that "this page is archived" or something.

At some level I almost want it to be just a keyword on the page,
such as (:archived:), and we ignore pages with that keyword on it.

Another approach might be to have an archive.d/ directory (analogous
to wiki.d/ and wikilib.d/ ) where page files get moved when they're
archived.  Then we simply let pagelist and search skip over archive.d/
when looking up pages.  Everything else then works the same.