[pmwiki-users] Installation question by newbie

Doug O'Harra doharra at gci.net
Fri Dec 1 12:54:14 CST 2006

Hi Marc,

I tried it. Same result. The index.php inside the www.site.com/pmwiki
directory brings up the correct file. But the www.site.com/index.php  brings
up the default Main.HomePage without any of my changes.

I also tried changing the $ScriptUrl to --

$ScriptUrl = 'http://www.site.com';

Again, the same result. It's as though the index.php file cannot find the
pmwiki/local/config.php from the www directory, even the path is spelled out
in the include.

So I tried something else and got an unexpected result. I put a copy of the
config.php file in the www directory, but didn't change anything else. (The
original copy is still in the pmwiki/local directory.)

The www.site.com/index.php loaded the correct site for the first time! But
it also had these error messages pasted across the top:

Warning: main(scripts/urlapprove.php): failed to open stream: No such file
or directory in /big/dom/xsite/www/config.php on line 123

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'scripts/urlapprove.php' for inclusion
(include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-pear') in /big/dom/xsite/www/config.php
on line 123

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /big/dom/xsite/www/config.php:123) in
/big/dom/xsite/www/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 884

Does this suggest a diagnosis for what I'm doing wrong?

I very much appreciate this help.

Doug