[pmwiki-users] Global Header (or footer) in PMWiki - location

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Dec 10 00:05:12 CST 2006

Goal:

to have a small form that has at least the appearance
  of being at the top of every page, site wide.

Details so far:

1) I have a small zapdata form which I want to appear on every page site
wide. It acts to display the data that was previously enter on that page or
is empty if none was entered on that page.
2) This form lives as a single instance as this page: Main.ToDoEntry
3) many pages have no content at all in the main content section of the page
4) Other pages may have as much as 1000 lines of content
5) currently using Gemini (I could switch skins  if *really* necessary,
though I'm rather attached to Gemini styles)

Challenge:
1) I can use (:include Main.ToDoEntry:) and put this in Site.PageFooter,
but it appears way down below, off screen. Even on pages with no content
it is forced below the first view by the left sidebar. Users have to
scroll down to see it.
2) If I put it in Site.PageHeader, it appears at the top of the left
side bar, in huge type, styled like the sitewide logo text.

(Aside note: I'm probably missing something simple, but would not that
locatio better be named LeftSiderBarHeader... or something?) hat
location really should be called "Sidebar header
  and  it appears site wide but if the sid

3) What would be better would be for it to appear in the area above the
main content, below the group and page titles. But I don't know how to
access that space on the page.

4) I would also be content if there were some way to force it to be at
the very top of the content of every page (even those which had data
previous entered into them... which I suspect would be a problem to
achieve.) We want it something like this:

Left Side  ||   groupTitle      Page Title
Bar Logo  ||
Side bar   ||  Small,...........
Links       ||     Three line.......

--
Om shanti
(In  Peace)

Sivakatirswami
www.himalayanacademy.com

Get Hinduism Today Digital Edition. It's Free!
http://www.hinduismtoday.com/digital/