[pmwiki-users] commenting to private pages

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Dec 19 14:43:30 CST 2006

Developing the Fox recipe I managed to make it post comments to other
pages, and to have comments posted to edit protected pages from users
with no edit permission, by setting a general auth level to 'read'
when retrieving the page for processing.

But when posting to a 'read' protected page it will ask for the
password for that page, before proceeding with processing the page.
I can't see a built-in mechanism in PmWiki which allows to circumvent
this. Is there one?

Also it raises the question if it is at all desirable to post to a
read protected page if you have no permission to read it. It is
certainly a little odd, as you can't see the result of your post,
But if it is desirable in some circumstances, how can it be done?

 Hans