[pmwiki-users] New recipe: Fox

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Dec 20 13:40:48 CST 2006

Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 3:32:53 PM, marc wrote:

> Thankfully, a bit of lateral thinking cracked that, but although I'm not
> surprised that the missing template wasn't reported - although it might
> be a good idea to do so - the fact that the posted message contents is
> lost, but a new line is written to the comments page, is not the best
> outcome, imo.

I am adding an error message, if a template page can't be found, but
is specified. And the function will return to the page, with no added
lines written. But I cannot prevent values from input fields being
lost in the process. Again this would need modified Input controls
which keep values "sticky" via javascript, I think.

BTW, what is the best way to alert a user or admin about errors etc.,
some easy to set up friendly message system. So far I only use echo,
which will flash a message and the script continues to run.

Hans