[pmwiki-users] Spreadsheet style calculations

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Thu Dec 28 13:23:38 CST 2006

DaveG wrote:
> Looks like that recipe has no concept of arrays (or columns/rows), which is
> going to make it tough to add new data to the table, without having to
> change the formulas each time.
>
> Dow PMWiki have anything built in which could be leveraged?

You can use pagelists with a custom pagelist template that generates a table
from data pulled from other pages. The template can make use of the variable
extensions to do running math as it goes. It will be a major pain to write and
debug though, as templates and variable math happen at different times, so its
hard to write something that works as desired.

You'd also end up with each mileage/volume pair being stored on a separate
page, probably with a name based on the day it was recorded.

I wish I could think of a cleaner solution, but that's the best I can offer.