[pmwiki-users] Pressing Save twice in a row results in a warning messag

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 1 13:49:01 CST 2006

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 09:45:59PM +0100, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> The subject really says it... I've tried it here and it's easily
> repeatable (especially with a slow pmwiki.org).
>
> 	http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/DoubleSave
>
> I think we should be able to handle this better... is there really a
> reason for two successive 'Save's to result in a warning?

At the moment, the simultaneous edits code only looks at the timestamps
to decide if there might be a conflict.  I suppose I could get it
to also examine the text for differences, and that this would
handle most of the double-save messages.

Beyond that, the simultaneous edits code would have to have some
way of knowing that the person submitting the second 'Save' is
in fact the same person who submitted the first.