[pmwiki-users] Update Attachments

Mike mike at widowitz.com
Thu Feb 2 06:35:46 CST 2006

Hello group,

I'm looking for a convenient way of making it easy for my users to
update attachments - they are basically requesting to have some kind of
"file-sharing-space" within our wiki, and many people have problems with
the proper naming of files which they update and re-upload (resulting in
things like "Our File.xls", "OurFile.xls" "OurFile" etc.

Therefore, I looked at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/UpdateAttachments

but can't make it work as I'd like to. First, the "Delta" next to the
attachment link only appears on the "Attach" page, not on the actual
page. Second, I'm not quite sure how to apply this recipe to my wiki -
simply paste that code into config.php? Finally, I'd like to replace the
small "Delta" by something more meaningful to new users - I assume that
I could simply replace "Delta" by e.g. "Click here to update this file"
or something...

Thanks for any help!

Mike