[pmwiki-users] A Group Hierarchy

J. Meijer commentgg at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 4 13:30:32 CST 2006

Good idea.

Me myself made a similar idea into a (:sitemap:) script that takes links
mainly from the sidebar and builds them in a tree format of the site. Works
wonders ;-) revealing structure you knew was there. And also what's
obviously missing.

Notes:
- the root can be any (user-) page, so each user can have his own view on
the site.
- pages for testing typically don't appear because there is no path from the
root that reaches them. This cleans up your typical view, more so then
simple grouplists.
- some groups are explicitly removed from the sitemap, like PmWiki.

Guess time has come to post it. Maybe something like this has already been
cooked?

With regard to your idea I used the sitebar because it typically lists
subsections... and because actual order (as in a trail) is not significant.

Anyway good idea, way to go!