[pmwiki-users] PmWikiEdit . . .

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 17:15:45 CST 2006

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006, Ben Wilson wrote:

> Okay, I just tested an old copy of Pmwikiedit (not Pm's recent release).
> I can edit unsecured pages (e.g.
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Cookbook). However, I would like to
> know how to edit pages protected behind the AuthUser veil. Does Pm's
> recent release do this? Thanks.

One solution for pages protected with .htpasswd is to submit URIs such as
this one:

	http://user:password@pmwiki.org/wiki/Some/Page

However, this doesn't work with other authentification schemes unless
pmwiki is modified to extract username/password from the URI if it's
there. IIRC, Patrick will consider do this if we ask him. Otherwise I
think it's a matter of doing something with cookies (I don't remember).

Patrick, maybe it'd be good if pmwiki did use any authentification
supplied with the URI?

/C