[pmwiki-users] pmwiki.org seems slow today btw

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 8 15:19:18 CST 2006

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 10:04:31PM +0100, Sebastian Siedentopf wrote:

> If we finally formalize these informations we maybe could come up
> with a lokal update information system by comparing local recipes
> version with the version available at pmwiki (or elsewhere). Nothing
> for the core, but a nice cookbook.

I think it can be done even without this.  Suppose that you're
interested in changes to the MarkupExtensions, Backlinks, and
SearchTerms cookbook pages.  Simply create a trail of these
pages (e.g., in your Profiles page), and then use a (:pagelist:)
directive to display that list in reverse modification sequence:

    >>comment<<
    * [[Cookbook.MarkupExtensions]]
    * [[Cookbook.Backlinks]]
    * [[Cookbook.SearchTerms]]
    >><<

    (:pagelist trail={$FullName} order=-time:)

We could even probably add a #lastmodified or #recentchanges format
to the built-in pagelist templates, so that

    (:pagelist fmt=#lastmodified trail={$FullName} order=-time:)

could result in something like

    * Cookbook.Backlinks ... 2006-02-12 14:53
    * Cookbook.MarkupExtensions ... 2006-01-14 06:54
    * Cookbook.SearchTerms ... 2005-11-27 13:00

> PS: Thanks for fixing PageExits("").

You're welcome!