[pmwiki-users] setting up some blogs

Bronwyn Boltwood bronwyn at bronwynb.info
Thu Feb 9 17:22:16 CST 2006

I'd like to create a couple blogs, so I thought I'd ask how blogging
support is going, and get ideas on what I can do using the latest
betas.  I'd like to use PmWiki for this, since I would not have to
spend days or weeks learning how to tweak it (unlike Wordpress,
Textpattern, etc.), and I really want versioning.  Blog engines
generally don't do versioning.

One project is a professional blog that I want to integrate with my
portfolio.  The second project is a serialized novel or diary of an
RPG campaign.  It might be one blog with different authors, or one
field per author. (This one is the reason versioning is so important
to me.)

Essential features:

- Categories -- already working smoothly
- Draft vs. Published status -- just added in the last few betas!
- Article lists -- should be doable with pagelist, but I'm not sure if
I can automate it entirely, based on Hans' experience.
	- Front page
	- Archives by time
	- Archives by category
- Feeds -- There's a Jan 11 letter from Pm saying that you can make
feeds from any pagelist source, but there isn't much documentation on
how to do it.  I want feeds for:
	- Most recent posts
	- By category
	- Most recent comments
- Comments -- I know there's a cookbook script; I should play with it.
- Pings -- I want to automatically ping services that track blog
updates when I make new posts, because that's an effective way to
publicize the blog.

Nice to have:
- trackbacks -- acknowledges posts that link to your post.
- archive by author
- feed by author

So, are there any tips on how best to do this, or any news?

Thanks all,
Bronwyn