[pmwiki-users] (again) Restore deleted page at pmwiki.org

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Feb 11 11:34:18 CST 2006

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 04:54:20PM +0100, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, H. Fox wrote:
>
> > > tsk...  and what's really happening is that me and some friends are trying
> > > to set a date for a bachelor party!
> >
> > Oh.  That wouldn't be something I'd expect to find on the main
> > pmwiki.org site.  It seems like personal content of that sort belongs in
> > a separate field or something.
>
> As far as I know Patrick is perfectly fine with having that kind of stuff
> on pmwiki.org. If he thinks it doesn't belong I'd remove it of course!

Sorry to come in late on this.  In the past I've generally indicated
that people are free to create groups on my server to store information.
If it becomes a really big hassle at some point I'll segregate them out
into a separate wiki.  OTOH, I think that some extra groups on the
server can demonstrate some of the flexibility of PmWiki.

> As an aside, we're primarily using it to collaborate on the planning, eg
> which date to select. This reminds me that it'd be very useful with a
> simple recipe to make it easier for several people to select a date/time.
> Have you seen such a recipe?

Not yet, but when PmWiki adds page properties it would be possible
for people to "vote" on per-date pages (e.g., from PmCalendar)
and then use pagelist to get a list of the most popular dates
as indicated by the votes.  (Similar to how the "priority" field
works in PITS. :-)