[pmwiki-users] CSS and Markup function

Charles Little clittle at corp.ivs.cc
Mon Feb 13 16:19:50 CST 2006

Hello-

I changed a wiki group so that it could use a specific css file.  All was
well, except for the fact that the colors on the sidebar didn't go well with
the background image.  So I wanted to change the decorations on the links in
the side/nav bar.  I added a decoration class for utility, and edited the
config.php to include the following statement:

Markup("div", "<inline", "/<:(.*?):>/", "<div id='utility'>$1</div>");

Then, I edited the sidebar, and in my menu, I put <: :> enclosing the part I
wanted to enclose with the div.  The symbols remained- nothing changed.  I
thought that perhaps the markups were not multi-line, so changed it so that
only one line was enclosed.  Still nothing.

So I was wondering 1) what I was doing wrong, 2) is there a better way to do
this, and 3) are markups added by the Markup command multiline, and if not,
is it possible to make them multi-line.

TIA!