[pmwiki-users] beta25 + trailmenu issue

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 15 13:26:32 CST 2006

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 02:07:08PM -0500, Christian Schlatter wrote:
> That makes sense to me. The thing is that the trailmenu cookbook uses
> trails to generate a menu list, and I think that menu list entries
> should not be restricted to PmWiki page links only.

Oh, I agree that menu list entries probably don't need to be restricted
to PmWiki page links only, but this tells me that we should have
some sort of a generic "drop down menu" cookbook entry, as opposed
to trying to make the trailmenu cookbook do more than just trails.

I've done a few dropdown menus based entirely on list markups,
so maybe that's the correct solution here.  Some of the experiments
I've run include doing things like

    >>dropdown<<
    * Menu 1
    ** Item 1.1
    *** Subitem 1.1.1
    *** Subitem 1.1.2
    ** Item 1.2
    * Menu 2
    ** Item 2.1
    ** Item 2.2
    >><<

Thus, to do a dropdown of a trail, one could do:

    >>dropdown<<
    (:pagelist trail=TrailPage fmt=#simple:)
    >><<

But any set of list items would work, so it could also be
a list of urls, or even headings that aren't links.