[pmwiki-users] Speedy search?

Karl Loncarek dh2mll at web.de
Fri Feb 17 08:00:51 CST 2006

"Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote in
news:20060217134212.GA4480 at host.pmichaud.com:

> On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 07:43:05AM +0000, Karl Loncarek wrote:
>> "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote in
>> news:20060216202031.GI29667 at host.pmichaud.com:
>>
>> > I've just now finished implementing a (hopefully) faster
>> > text search/indexing system for PmWiki, it's now running on
>> > pmwiki.org.
>>
>> That is what I call good news.
>> If you just also could improve the speed of pagelists I'd be really
>> glad.
>
> What part of pagelists have been slow for you?
>
> Pm

I included titledictindex.php of the Cookbook/DictIndex reciepe.

My call is:
(:pagelist group=Techlib fmt=dictindex list=normal:)

The group "techlib" contains around 1000 files (in the end maybe 10000).
The creation of that page takes around 5 secs which is really long. I
think when I'm getting near to the 10000 I will have to wait very very
long.

There is already a file called .linkindex. Why not create a file
.fileindex which contains all files and maybe also titles (would be best
I think). Updating this file should happen already when saving a
wikipage. This would greatly improve speed for longer pagelists I think.

If you need those 1000 files just tell me, I can send them to you ;-)

--
Bye
Karl (aka Klonk)