[pmwiki-users] I Need a qucik fix

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Feb 17 11:40:14 CST 2006

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 12:15:29PM -0500, pmwiki wrote:

> I tried to make it simple and clear with an edit link on the page and
> instructions in the markup, but every other person seems to be finding a
> way to overwrite the entire homepage with their message.
>
> Now I have to sit here and monitor the changes to figure out who is
> messing up what so that I can restore the page, create the link they
> were trying to create, and add their message.
>
> Any good ideas on what I can do now, while smack in the middle of this
> situation, to reduce the odds of the next person doing damage.

Try the NewPageBoxPlus recipe.  With it, the (:newpagebox:)
markup can be used on the Birthday page to give people a place
to enter their name -- like:

    Enter your name in the box below:
    (:newpagebox:)

When someone enters their name in the box, it will take them to a
(blank) page where they can enter their message, the message will
be stored under the person's name.

In the Birthday page itself, you can then list all of the
birthday messages by using:

    (:pagelist group=Birthday:)

In this way, visitors to your site won't ever be editing the
Birthday page itself.