[pmwiki-users] Speedy search?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Feb 17 12:52:11 CST 2006

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 12:36:07PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>     00.01 00.00 TitleDictIndex begin
>     00.01 00.00 MakePageList begin
>     00.06 00.03 MakePageList scanning 1070 pages, readf=1
>     00.39 00.30 MakePageList sort
>     00.48 00.38 MakePageList end
>     00.49 00.38 TitleDictIndex format output
>     00.76 00.63 TitleDictIndex end
> Still looking at improving the format time.  But no matter how
> we look at it, scanning and processing 1000 (or 10000) pages
> is a little on the expensive side.

...and now that I've looked at the output formatting a bit
further, I just don't see any way to make a substantial difference
there without compromising a lot of configurability and customization.
The above timings show that output formatting takes approx 0.25 CPU
seconds; with a few tweaks I'm able to get that down to about
0.19-0.22 CPU seconds but nothing substantial.