[pmwiki-users] Preformatted text following heading

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Feb 19 12:39:47 CST 2006

On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 12:28:41PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> > > I'm unable to produce this behavior on pmwiki.org --
> > > see http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/HeadingAndPre .
> >
> > I can't reproduce it either on pmwiki.org.
> > It reproduces reliably on my wiki. Try this: go to
> > http://durchholz.org/jo/debian-install/Main/DownloadDebian?action=edit
> > --- snip ---
> > !!Get and run @@debootstrap@@
> > [@
> > cd /tmp
> > w3m ${local_mirror}/pool/main/d/debootstrap/
> > @]
> > --- snip ---
> > and hit the Preview button.
>
> The preview looks like I would expect it to on my browser --
> screenshot at http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki/uploads/Test/snapshot1.png .
> Maybe it's peculiar to the browser?

Oops, never mind -- I didn't look at the HTML source.  You're
absolutely right, the <pre> text is part of the <h2>.  I'll check
into it now.  I suspect it has something to do with leading
whitespace handling -- either a list or some other element prior
to this one is setting a zero-whitespace leading that is joining
the <pre> block to the <h2>.