[pmwiki-users] Proposed Default Stylesheet (pmwiki.css)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Feb 19 16:50:59 CST 2006

On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 11:26:14PM +0100, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> Usually I use the same heading-to-paragraph and paragraph-to-paragraph
> spacing - well, sometimes I may make the heading-to-paragraph spacing
> slightly more.
> But less? *Never*! The conceptual heading-to-paragraphs distance is
> larger than the paragraph-to-paragraph distance IMO.

The whole reason this discussion even came up is because the
heading-to-paragraph spacing was being made smaller than the
paragraph-to-paragraph spacing.  If it's the same or larger,
than the issue of blank lines after headings isn't an issue
at all.

> > Inserting a paragraph between adjacent elements is essentially
> > what PmWiki is currently doing with <p class='vspace'></p>,
> > except PmWiki uses such paragraphs to explicitly indicate the
> > presence of vertical space instead of the absence of it.  The
> > CSS and resulting output is simply much cleaner that way.

> Mostly because I don't know when that paragraph will be inserted, so I
> don't know what kinds of wiki idioms that I use will generate it and
> what won't.

lines in the markup (with an exception for preformatted blocks).
It's that simple.