[pmwiki-users] PublishPDF version 2.0.0 released; server side release imminent

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Mon Feb 20 14:33:36 CST 2006

On Tuesday, 21 February 2006 3:49 AM, Kurt Devlin <kurt.devlin at gmail.com> wrote:
>John,
>
>Do you have a list of all the applications that are needed from
>the packages you list under "Software requirements:"
>¥ perl
>¥ libwww-perl (available via the CPAN shell as Bundle::LWP)
>¥ LATEX
>¥ ImageMagick (Mac OS X version available from entropy.ch)
>¥ libxml utilities
>¥ libxslt utilities (especially, xsltproc)
>It looks like we need
>the following: pdflatex, xsltproc, xmllint and tbrplent; but I
>wasn't sure if there were others. I'm mostly wondering about
>the LaTeX installation. It looks like there are a lot of
>different flavors available and I want to make sure I get
>everything I need.

Now that we have a "tarball candidate", we are just working on
aligning the installation instructions with the contents of
the release. The tbrplent (turns entities into characters) is
part of the distribution.

We will provide a link to suitable LaTeX installations. On
Debian Linux, we used the LaTeX that comes pre-installed.
On Mac OS X, we used the iinstaller default install. We
use a few less-standard LaTeX packages, and will document
these.

Thanks for your patience; we are *almost* there.

(We can also offer a server set-up service to those who need
help, if there is sufficient demand.)

John

--
JR