[pmwiki-users] Links to nothing changes cause side effect

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Tue Feb 21 08:09:21 CST 2006

Tuesday, February 21, 2006, 1:34:53 PM, Patrick wrote:
> but at least it's a relatively easy fix that doesn't require special
> handling in PHP code.  And since the two cases above tend to occur
> in template pages of various sorts (that are already have special
> markup considerations), this doesn't seem too high a price to pay.

well it is good to be backwards compatible if possible.
And I can concede that the price is perhaps not too high to change
template pages to take advantage of the new feature.

I wonder if I can exploit the necessity of an extra ?action=... to
turn into an advantage for adding an easy method to stop search engine
robots listing links like [[{$Name}?setcolor=....| ... ]]
[[{$Name}?setview=....| ... ]]. Can I perhaps use an ?action=set in
the link like [[{$Name}?action=set?setview=....| ... ]], and add this
action to the list of actions a robot shall avoid/not list, even
though there is no special action handler defined?

Best,
~Hans