[pmwiki-users] pagelist formats and orders

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Feb 21 12:19:41 CST 2006

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 01:05:36PM -0500, Bronwyn Boltwood wrote:
>    I was using pagelist to create a sitemap.
>
>    (:pagelist fmt=bygroup order=title:)
>
>    produced:
>    [...]
>    I would have expected it to order entries by title within groups, not
>    across them.  Is this a bug?

No, it's the expected (and desired) behavior.  Consider a listing
of pages across multiple groups that is to be sorted by titles.

To sort by titles within groups, use

     (:pagelist fmt=bygroup order=group,title:)

>    Also, PmWiki.PageLists isn't included in the documentation when you fetch
>    the latest beta.  It should be, because the recent enhancements have made
>    pagelist immensely more useful and therefore in need of local help. :)

Yes, often the documentation in the distribution lags while I'm
in beta.  It's much less time consuming for me to just clean it all
up at the end of the beta sequence than it is to try and maintain
the distribution documentation as we go.

On the good side, I'm expecting to be out of beta very soon, at which
point it'll be resolved.  :-)