[pmwiki-users] pagelist formats and orders

Bronwyn Boltwood bronwyn at bronwynb.info
Tue Feb 21 13:36:36 CST 2006

On 2/21/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 01:05:36PM -0500, Bronwyn Boltwood wrote:
> >    I would have expected it to order entries by title within groups, not
> >    across them.  Is this a bug?
>
> No, it's the expected (and desired) behavior.  Consider a listing
> of pages across multiple groups that is to be sorted by titles.

I see your point. :)

To sort by titles within groups, use

>      (:pagelist fmt=bygroup order=group,title:)

*blink blink* It never even occured to me that we could sort by multiple
criteria.  There's no mention of it in the documentation -- apparently for
the very good reason that we can't do it quite yet -- and I just did not
expect to be able to do something that fancy.  Silly me. :)

On the good side, I'm expecting to be out of beta very soon, at which
> point it'll be resolved.  :-)

And then you'll get the blogging support done just after I get my makeshift
hack working all tickety-boo. ;) Next step is to reverse-engineer Hans'
latest comment links with the count and anchor and no password prompt when
the page doesn't exist.  I know it's to do with a few recent threads, but
what with real work, I haven't puzzled it out yet.

That does bring up a wishlist item, though: better recent comments
functionality, for sidebar display and full-text feed.  Compare the Recent
Comments at http://headrush.typepad.com/creating_passionate_users/ with the
one at http://softflow.co.uk/design/Blog/Blog.  Hans' comments
implementation is ingenious, but it's just not the same.  What kind of
guidelines are you using for how comments should work and what we should be
able to do with them?

Bronwyn