[pmwiki-users] wikiforms adds (:title:) option

noskule noskule at gmx.net
Wed Feb 22 05:58:29 CST 2006

John Rankin schrieb:

>A number of people have asked for the ability to use
>a regular page name with the wikiforms recipe, instead
>of the auto-generated 5 digit page number.
>See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiForms
>
>I have added an option that adds a (title) field type.
>If you declare a field to be type title, wikiforms
>automatically creates a (:title:) directive from the
>text of the field. If you include the field in a
>wikilist, it creates a link to the page, using the
>title field value as the link text.
>
>Support for non-numeric page names is unlikely to
>happen any time soon, but I think the above feature
>comes close to the same effect.
>
>Any questions or comments, let me know.

the question seams to be if  its needed for access the page or to
display a title. For example, in the case of a glossary  the use of
pagenames would allow  to reference with a common wikilink
[[Glossary.PWM]] directly to  the entry in the form. So far I
funderstand, this wouldnt be possible with the above solution.
grz nos