[pmwiki-users] RSS feed

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 22 10:31:23 CST 2006

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 04:30:11AM -0000, akille.24444274 at bloglines.com wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm new to PmWiki and the mailing list. I'm in the process of setting
> up a site with pmwiki and am trying to figure out how to set up the RSS feed
> the way I want. I've added ?action=rss to a RecentChanges page, but when I
> subscribe to the feed in my feed reader (Bloglines), all I get are page titles
> (with links to the page) and the date it was updated. I would like to see
> an excerpt of what was changed and also the author of the change in the feed.
> How do I do that?

At present we don't have a way to provide an excerpt of what was
changed (it's very difficult to automatically detect and summarize
what changed).  We do (or can) provide the change summary in the feed,
however.

The author of the change is normally provided the <dc:contributor>
element, but Bloglines might not be using that for authorship.
We can add another element for authorship if needed.  (I'm not
all that fmiliar with the various feed readers so I'm kinda winging
it as we go. :-)