[pmwiki-users] use pmwiki as code snippet generator

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Feb 24 07:38:17 CST 2006

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 10:29:45AM +0100, Stef Mientki wrote:
> hi All,
>
> I would like to use PMwiki as a code-snippet or text-snippet generator.
> For that I would like to have a button with th following function:
>    Select All (^A)
>    Copy complete content  to Clipboard as plain text (^C)
>
> I've not the faintest idea if and how this is possible,

In the general case it's not possible.

Programmatic things such as this are performed using Javascript,
and very few browsers allow Javascript to copy or manipulate
the clipboard, as it's a security risk.  See, for example,
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Granting_JavaScript_access_to_the_clipboard .

If the people using the site are willing to adjust their browsers'
security settings, then it can be made to work.