[pmwiki-users] RSS feed

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Feb 24 08:46:12 CST 2006

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 02:57:06AM -0000, akille.24444274 at bloglines.com wrote:
> Thanks for the information. I got the author name to show up in the RSS feed
> by making this change in the RSS 2.0 settings for ?action=rss in feeds.php:
>

> CHANGED:
> 'dc:author' => '{$LastModifiedBy}',
>
> TO:

Note that you don't need to change the feeds.php script itself --
better might be to do (in local/config.php):

    $FeedFmt['rss']['item']['author'] =

This way the change will still work after upgrading PmWiki.

> However, I'm not getting a description at all for the items in the RSS
> code. How do I get the description to show up?
> (It doesn't have to be an excerpt.)
> I'd just like what was changed to show up in the feed.

The relevant variable is {$LastModifiedSummary} -- what RSS
element do you want it to appear under?

Pm