[pmwiki-users] Link check loop after update to Beta 24, 25 and 26

Daniel Friedmann list at linuxing.de
Fri Feb 24 10:12:15 CST 2006

Hello Patrick

About a fortnight ago I wrote:
>> after the update from Beta23 to Beta25 the link check in brackets for
>> unknown URLs (I only have the German version so I don't know the exact
>> wording) seems to be broken. For the first time since the update the
>> navigation bar has shown this link check and even if I click on it,
>> enter the correct password (in case of a wrong password the input box is
>> shown again and again) the link check is still there and the URL isn't
>> visible or usable.
>
> Were you ever able to track this problem down?  I notice that the
> site is again running beta23.

Sorry but I must have missed your answer. The same problem persists and
is identical with all betas 24, 25 and 26. There must be a change in the
code starting beta 24.

Unfortunately I can't let any newer beta online because the layout is
too bad and I don't want to annoy users especially with lower screen
resolutions.

I'm available again and we could try to solve the problem on-list or
off-list. Maybe ICQ is a good idea to minimize the time with a broken
layout.

--
Regards
Daniel