[pmwiki-users] protecting private groups from search

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Feb 24 16:41:30 CST 2006

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 11:17:33PM +0100, Stephan Schildberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am about to protect private groups from being found through your
> nice search engine, using pmwiki-2.1.beta28 .
> It is protected with a password from prying eyes, but pages,
> their containing groups and content still can be spotted.

Actually, this isn't supposed to happen by default -- the default
setting ($EnablePageListProtect=1) is supposed to keep read-protected
pages hidden.  Is this not working?

Note that it only keeps the pages hidden from people who don't
have permission to see them -- if someone is logged in with a password
that allows the pages to be viewed (e.g., the admin password), then
PmWiki displays them in the search results.