[pmwiki-users] wikiforms adds (:title:) option

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Mon Feb 27 15:16:19 CST 2006

On Friday, 24 February 2006 5:26 AM, Tegan Dowling <tmdowling at gmail.com> wrote:
><snip>
>
> All of that extra layer of pages because I wanted the virtues
>of the wikitable, but couldn't use the wikiforms pages because
>they couldn't be made CRM-like enough, and couldn't be made to
>hold other things like formatting, images, other text, links,
>etc.

Could you expand on this a bit, please? You can certainly
include formatting, images and links in form fields. Not sure
what "other text" means; you can, for example, declare a field
to be type (hide) and any text is automatically passed through
the form and onto the page unaltered.

One simple addition would be to create an action to display a
form page without the :field prompt: text. Would that help?
Or we could repurpose the :field prompt: as a !!!field prompt
heading.

The edit form action relies on generating an array of the
page's field values, so *in principle*, we can put these
values together any way we choose to display. The wikilist
is just one option, using the first line of each field.

--
JR