[pmwiki-users] Triad skin version 2

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Mon Jan 2 08:24:35 CST 2006

I uploaded Triad skin version 2 to pmwiki.org.
Pm could you please reinstall Triad skin from triad.zip?
thanks a lot!
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/TriadSkin

This is a substantial update.
I abandoned the pure css based 3 column layout, because it was just
too fickle to integrate with a header which could change in size, and
the text sizing option. The new basic layout employs a 3 column table
with column spanning header and footer. This proves much more stable
and easier to use various markup to disable the various sections of
the page. I got tired of having to use trick divisions and just too
many browser specific tweaks. Maybe one day css will grow up an dmake
it fun to create such layouts, but right now it is just too painful.

The main objective was to create a 3-column skin which can be used for
pmwiki sites wanting a layout similar to many online news
publications, but giving far more flexibility, and an option to change
the text size easily and instantly, which will be remembered via a
cookie setting, to allow large font display for visually impaired
people.

The default layout is fully flowing, window wide.
A fixed width could be easily achieved, centered in the browser
window, with or without a border margin surrounding it.

All sections of the page are edited via wiki pages, including the
header and footer and the top and foot menus.

The css styling is via a number of module css files for ease of
change.

Comments and feedback are most welcome!

--
Best,