[pmwiki-users] uploaded php scripts

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jan 2 09:40:38 CST 2006

On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 12:28:06PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> I just uploaded an updated commentboxstyled.php script to pmwiki.org,
> to tweak styling for IE. http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CommentBox
>
> Downloading works fine, but clicking the link
> (Attach:commentboxstyled.php) bring up the old script in a window tab
> in firefox. Seems firefox loads it from cache. This could be rather
> misleading for visitors.

It would be misleading only for visitors who have the old version
in their Firefox cache.

> Is there a good way to make Firefox display the current script, rather
> than an old version?

What version of Firefox?  Some older versions of Firefox had real
problems with the Expires: header (which Apache sometimes uses as a
form of cache control in browsers).

At any rate, because pmwiki.org uses direct downloads, any caching
issues would be between Firefox and pmwiki.org's Apache installation
(which is by-and-large set to the default settings from my hosting
provider).  I can look into it a bit more if it's a big issue, but
holding down the shift key when hitting "Reload current page" ought
to get the most recent version of the file.