[pmwiki-users] alien characters on my pmwiki headers

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jan 6 10:29:59 CST 2006

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 10:18:18AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 05:52:47PM -0800, frederic tubale wrote:
> >    Then
> >    headers of the files had this alien characters now. Right at the beginning
> >    of the html code. Pls see the source code below:
>
> Stuff like this has been reported to happen in the past but
> I can't recall what causes it or how to fix it.  :-(

A couple of other questions-

   - Have any of the configuration files been edited on a Macintosh?
     Several Macintosh editors like to introduce spurious utf-8 markers
     at the beginning of files.

   - Any chance that you or your admin modified the pmwiki.php file
     itself?  (Hint: don't do this -- one can set up for https:
     operation without modifying the PmWiki sources...)