[pmwiki-users] backend considerations

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jan 9 14:45:29 CST 2006

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 02:38:41PM -0600, Chris Cox wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> >>The change history mechansim works quite well for single
> >>pages.  Might be nice I guess in some cases to have the
> >>idea of changesets.
> >>
> >>Not saying I need the feature, just thinking out loud.
> >
> > Yes, site-wide rollback might be a good feature, but we can
> > certainly implement that as a relatively simple recipe without
> > needing a full subversion installation.
>
> Of course... most certainly (well I think... we'd have to
> store <persistently> some kind of tag so changes could
> be associated somehow.

All changes in PmWiki are serialized by date and time,
thus timestamps can be used as version markers (similar
to subversion's revision numbering system, which is
linear for the entire repository).

With that in mind, there's a variety of ways to implement
tagging; even a simple list of tags<->timestamps (held
in a wiki page) would be sufficient.