[pmwiki-users] 2.1.beta18 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jan 10 16:35:22 CST 2006

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 04:21:04PM -0600, Jon Haupt wrote:
>    Nope, I don't think my odd use of SVN did anything.  I created a clean SVN
>    export, copied the config, skin, wiki.d, cookbook files into it, and still
>    get the same problem.

It appears to be an Apache configuration problem on your server.
Apparently Apache is having trouble when a browser sends an
If-Modified-Since header that is earlier than the Last-Modified
header generated by the PHP response.

Prior to 2.1.beta18, PmWiki would generate Last-Modified
headers only if $EnableIMSCaching was set true; 2.1.beta18
changed this behavior to always generate a Last-Modified header
(but still  used $EnableIMSCaching to decide whether to act
on the If-Modified-Since header).

At any rate, this tells me that there are some problematic Apache
servers in the world, so PmWiki should go back to the pre-2.1.beta18
default of not generating Last-Modified headers unless explicitly
configured to do so.

Now fixed in 2.1.beta19, just released.  Hopefully that will resolve
the problems on your system (be sure to let me know if it doesn't).