[pmwiki-users] Stylesheets

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 09:41:46 CST 2006

While we're on the topic of stylesheets, I have another question.  I know
the global $Text parameter has just been removed, but I was thinking of
trying to find a way to get the wiki engine to use the raw text of a wiki
page as an additional local CSS file in the same way that is used by
Tiddlywiki:

http://www.tiddlywiki.com/

In this wiki, which is actually a desktop wiki--not a server-side wiki--you
can create "tiddlers" for "liquid" CSS, such that in a page called
"ExampleStyleSheet" tiddlywiki applies the following css:

displayArea {background-color: #ffccff; }
mainMenu {border: 1px solid #ffff88; }
commandPanel {background-color: #008800; }

Anyhow, I think it would be desirable to some, perhaps not all, to be able
to edit the CSS from the user-side within a wiki page.  For example, what if
the CSS for a skin existed within a wikipage called Site.StyleSheet.  Then
you could use some kind of statement in the skin template to make it load
the text from that wiki page (the original text, though, not the marked up
text, and this is the hard part) or perhaps put a line in config.php which
adds the text of the page as an additional $HTMLStylesFmt line.

Has anybody tried anything like this?  Any idea how it could work?  Would
the recent removal of $Text make this a problem, or could I use the other
parameters Pm mentioned?

Jon

--
Jon Haupt