[pmwiki-users] How can I set up a private area?

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 10:16:22 CST 2006

What I have done is set up a wiki farm
(http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiFarmAlternative). If the only
difference between the private area and the public area will be
passwords, then in parent/private/local/config.php you could probably
get away with creating your passwords, then including the
parent/local/config.php

Assuming you have a Unix system, you could symlink /pub. My approach is
to untar the PmWiki code base outside the web-accessible area, and also
create a pmwiki-local folder where I put all my personal stuff (e.g.
/cookbook /pub and /local) In pmwiki-local/local I would put server-wide
configuration (including security since I always lock my sites down). I
then symlink the pmwiki-2.1.beta25 to pmwiki-latest and have my
index.php of each field refer to that path as $FarmD. I symlink the
pmwiki-local/pub. For cookbook recipes, I create $FarmC for the path,
then "include_once("$FarmC/recipe.php");

Creating a new field is as easy as copying index.php, symlinking /pub,
and creating /local and "personalizing" config.php for that field. I let
Pmwiki work the wiki.d issue.

Message: 10