[pmwiki-users] how to prevent multiple ppl trying to change the same page?

muab ila muab_ila at gmx.net
Tue Jan 17 00:43:15 CST 2006

Chris Cox wrote:
> muab ila wrote:
>
>>heyas,
>>
>>another trivial but important question from a newbie =)
>>
>>as the title says:
>>how to prevent multiple ppl trying to change the same page?
>>

> Is there a reason you want to prevent this?  Just curious.
> I mean, pmwiki will have the last one out do a merge (it
> will reopen the edit again with both changes and let you
> sort it out).

yes there is =)

imagin, u open the edit form, content is the actual page...
ur working on a change...
someone else is doing the same at the same time, the one who
saves the pages at last will "win", the original  page + his changes
will be saved, the other ones will be lost.

so id like a warning that someone else allready working on the page
or even better "locking it" ;)